Enter your artwork in The Delaware State Employee Art Exhibition. Sponsored by The National Arts Program® in support and cooperation with the State of Delaware and the Delaware Division of the Arts, the exhibit is judged by professional artists and visual art professionals. The Delaware State Employee Art Exhibition is designed to give artists at all skill levels a unique opportunity to exhibit their creative work and to compete for cash prizes.
- Submit only entries that fit into the listed medium categories
All 2-dimensional entries must be matted, framed (in sturdy frame) and ready to hang with wire or hook properly secured on the back (no tape/glue). Note: Canvases do not need to be framed but must have a hanging wire.
- All work (excluding textiles) must measure no more then 40 inches in any direction or weigh more than 40 lbs. Artwork that exceeds size limitations will not be accepted.
Please read the full submission instructions here: How to Submit
- Painting (oil, acrylics)
- Works on Paper (watercolor, pencil, ink, charcoal, pastel, marker, crayon, digital)
- Photography (black & white, color)
- Craft (ceramics, glasswork, jewelry, woodcarving, fiber)
- Mixed Media (a work of visual art that combines more than one medium)
- Amateur: a person with little or no experience
- Intermediate: a person with some experience/training, beginning art students, etc.
- Professional: a person with advanced art training, or employed in an art-related job
- Youth: 12 years and under
- Teen: 13–18 years old
Best of Show: $400
Adult: Amateur, Intermediate & Professional
- Three First Place Awards – $350
- Three Second Place Awards – $250
- Three Third Place Awards – $150
Youth/Teen: Youth 12 & under; Teen 13–18
- Two First Place Awards – $150
- Two Second Place Awards – $100
- Two Third Place Awards – $50
Art Education: $200
- Honorable Mention ribbons will be awarded at the discretion of the judges
- Awards are limited to one cash award per artist, per classification
- Each artist receives a Certificate of Participation in the National Arts Program